The term “Three-way Agreement” refers to the structure of the REALTOR® organization. This agreement was established among the National Association, the state associations, and local boards and associations. With this agreement, the National Association grants each association and board the right to control the terms “REALTOR®” and “REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®” within its territorial jurisdiction. It also permits associations and boards to allow individuals who are qualified for membership to use the terms REALTOR® and REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®. In turn, the state associations and local boards and associations agree to:
accept the charge of properly granting and regulating the use of the terms “REALTOR®” and “REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®”
subscribe to the Code of Ethics of the National Association
uphold and enforce the Code of Ethics within the board’s/association’s jurisdiction
The REALTOR® organization is a “federation” or, in other words, a “union” of organizations. It is comprised of member associations that are both state and local associations of REALTORS®. The “federation” is formed by what has become known as the “Three-way Agreement” which means that all local associations and their REALTOR® members are members of the state association of REALTORS® in the state where their association is located and also of the National Association of REALTORS®.
The federated structure strengthens the REALTOR® organization by providing a framework for effective communication, delivery of goods and services, and enforcement of the REALTORS® Code of Ethics. The size of the REALTOR® organization (over one million members at this writing), also a product of the federated structure, contributes substantially to the political influence of the National Association, thereby enhancing its effectiveness in lobbying for causes that contribute to the protection of private property rights.
In the simplest of terms, the federated structure allows the REALTOR® organization to use its combined resources (both human and financial) and influence to have a unified, powerful voice in shaping public policy, set recognized standards for ethical real estate practice, and contribute to the betterment of the real estate industry.
Thank you for choosing the South Central Kentucky Association of REALTORS® as your Association of CHOICE! We offer a variety of benefits and services to help our members succeed in their real estate career.
The South Central Kentucky Association of REALTORS® is a non-profit 501C(6) corporation dedicated to ensuring that every single one of our members needs are at the heart of what we do.
The Association is here to serve its members by providing and promoting services to enhance the members' ability to conduct their businesses with integrity and competency.
We are a member driven and led Association that is made up of a dedicated group of member volunteers. Member involvement is critical to the success of our Association.
Staff and Association Leadership work every day to support the ever-changing needs of our membership and we continually strive to provide the tools members need to meet their real estate goals.
Active participation in your Association will transform you from being just a real estate agent to a professional REALTOR ® . By joining this Association, you agree to subscribe to a higher standard of ethics than just a real estate licensee. REALTORS® differentiate themselves from real estate licensees through their professionalism.
- Governmental Affairs Committee that monitors local activity in our communities to help protect your real estate business and retain homeownership rights
- Participation in the Kentucky REALTORS® annual Hill visits to Frankfort each February. Visiting your Legislators
- Issues Calls to Action on issues important to the real estate industry
- Interview candidates for various local and state positions and make recommendations to the state RPAC Trustees for funding and showcasing those candidates that are REALTOR® Champions
- Keep members up to date on issues effecting the real estate industry.
- Promote the value of using a REALTOR® to consumers, and keep the public aware of how vital a REALTOR® is to the role of Homeownership
- Promotes community activities and participates in various Community activities such as the Farm, Home and Garden Show and the Business Expo
- Participates in the Annual Salvation Army Bell Ringing
- Positive promotion of our REALTORS® members in our communities and how they give back to the communities they serve.
- Is the "Voice for Real Estate" in South Central Kentucky.
- E-mails are our primary means of keeping members informed.
- Info Hub thru GrowthZone for member information and interaction
- Weekly REALTOR® Safety Tips
- Online event calendar displayed on the Association website
- Online Community Event Calendar on Website that members or community members can add events to
- Online registration for meetings, Professional Development classes, and other opportunities offered by the Association.
- Participation in KMA (Kentucky MLS Alliance) data share thru Black Knights Paragon product. This agreement offers unilateral cooperation and compensation for our members with the agents of 4 other MLS systems. The Alliance covers 27 counties in its NAR Jurisdiction.
- ShowTime - ShowingTime is the appointment service offered to members
- RPR - RPR is a tool that provides powerful residential reports for your clients.
- Transaction Desk - Is a forms library and online storage product
- Authentisign - Is the signing component of Transaction Desk which allows members to transact business online.
- HomeSnap - Homesnap is an app members can use for listing information
- CRS Tax Suite - Court house Retrieval System
- Supra - Lockbox service that members can subscribe to and access lockboxes via an app on their phone and track who has accessed the lockboxes on their clients properties.
- Members are encouraged to network with other members of our REALTOR® family at membership meetings.
- Community Partner/Affiliate Members who sponsor the meetings and have informative speakers on topics of interest.
- Meetings give members the opportunity to interact with each other outside of the real estate transaction.
- Networking events and socials, such as the Annual RPAC Chili cook-off which is a fun filled evening of networking with each other and raising money for RPAC plus members have the opportunity to bid on items in our silent auction.
- Community Partner membership relationships
- Opportunities to volunteer & serve on committees with other members of our REALTOR® family.
- Free CE classes are available throughout the year for members
- Free Code of Ethics classes to meet NAR requirements
- Partnership with KRI (Kentucky REALTORS® Institute) to provide an online Orientation course that counts for CE and PLE
- Partnership with KRI to provide on-line education courses
- Partnership with the CE Shop to provide on-line education courses
- Opportunity for members to attend Leadership classes thru the National Association and the Kentucky Association.
- Code of Ethics enforcement & training thru KYR - we work to promote and maintain a high ethical standard of conduct within the real estate profession.
- KYR screens and processes all our arbitration, mediation, and ethics complaints from members and the public
- KYR offers Ombudsman services for us.
- Members have the opportunity to attend KYR training and then serve on the grievance panels, hearing panels, and serve as mediators, and ombudsman.
The primary mission of the Kentucky REALTORS® is to provide the programs and services you'll need to enhance your success in the highly competitive real estate industry. The moment you become a member, you benefit. There is networking opportunities, educational offerings, risk management tools, and representation at all levels of government, to name a few. Kentucky REALTORS® are committed to your success.
- Great Education
- Health Insurance
- Legal Hotline
- Leadership Opportunities and Training
- Public Relations
- YPN Group